The purpose of vital registration is to administer and enforce the General Statutes of North Carolina for Vital Statistics and related laws.
The Deputy Registrar is responsible for the completion, maintenance and transmittal of the following:
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Parentage
- Burial Transit Permits
- Disinterment/Reinterment Permits
- Home Births
- Monthly Vital Statistics Reports
- Notification of Death and Certificates
- Report of Fetal Death
- State Queries-Birth/Death Certificate
- Supplemental Cause of Death
Certified Copy of Birth or Death Certificates
To obtain a certified copy of birth or death certificates, please contact the Beaufort County Register of Deeds at 252-946-2323.