The Risk Manager develops and administers the County's risk management and safety program. This includes loss prevention and control, safety/liability and workers' compensation. In cooperation with department managers and staff, the Risk Manager reviews operations and activities to identify trends, unsafe conditions and safety violation and from this analysis develops solutions and recommendations to correct problems.
- Assists department managers with enforcement of regulations in a wide ranging and comprehensive safety and health, hazardous materials management and loss control and prevention program.
- Processes all automobile, property and liability claims and workers' compensation claims.
- Maintains property, fire, auto, general liability, professional liability, and workers' compensation insurance, including procuring coverage for existing and new assets and coordinating claims administration.
- Conducts investigations of accidents, job sites, personnel, building facilities, complaints, equipment, and vehicles, for compliance with safety laws, rules and regulations; makes recommendations to correct unsafe conditions.
- Schedules insurance and OSHA consultations.
- Serves as County's administrative representative in legal proceedings with insurance company attorneys, investigators, paralegals, mediators, and other related insurance legal support staff.
- Monitors safety training needs throughout County; develops, presents and/or provides education programs on risk management loss control, first-aid, accident prevention and safety.
- Chairs and coordinates activities of County Safety Committee.
- Maintains records of claims and experience relating to risk management activities.
- Maintains listing of all County facilities and replacement values.
- Prepares renewal documents for County property and liability insurance and workers' compensation insurance.
- Performs driving history checks and verifies valid licenses annually for current employees.
- Performs new hire safety orientation.