What We Do?
MISSION – Why we exist
To identify and respond to behavioral health needs in Beaufort County based on evidence-based practices and collaborative action.
GOALS – The results we seek
Goal 1: We strive to see an improvement in successful completions of behavioral health treatment.
Goal 2: We strive to see improvement in the psychosocial functioning of behavioral health clients upon successful completion of treatment.
Goal 3: We strive to see an increase in the utilization of evidence-based harm reduction interventions.
Goal 4: We strive to see an improvement in the overdose survival rate of persons with substance use issues.
Goal 5: We strive to see an increase in prevention activities in the community.
VALUES – Criteria for decisions and action
1. Evidence-based practice: scientific study, clinical experience, and lived experience of those affected by mental illness and substance use
2. Data sharing: promoting the flow of data to identify gaps
3. Family-based intervention: understanding and addressing the needs of the individual within the whole family context
4. Integrated Care: fully or partially blending behavioral health services with general and/or specialty medical services
5. Prevention: education and support about behavioral health
6. Stigma reduction: changing negative or discriminatory attitudes that others have about behavioral health